Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sea of Monsters Movie

So for this blog post I'm going to talk about the Sea of Monsters movie. I know its been awhile since its come out, but now i'm sure you've all watched the movie, which is based on the second book in the popular series Percy Jackson and the Olympians (btw im sorry about talking Percy Jackson for these last two posts).  So whoever has read the book and then seen the movie you would hopefully agree with me when i say that the movie missed some very key scenes. For starters, they didn't show the scene when Percy and Annabeth get stuck on Circe's island. They also didn't show when Annabeth goes into a trance because of the siren's song and pictures a perfect life when Luke is still good. I know these are some minor parts in the book, but it would be cool to see them on the screen (i mean if they're making a movie out of a FANTASY book they should include some of the other FANTASY things....just saying) Another thing that I wasn't too happy about was some of the minor changes they made to the plot. For instance, Grover is abducted by Luke in the movie, but was searching for Pan in the book. Also, Chiron is present in the movie, but is "missing" in the book. However, there were some good things in the movie as well. They did very good effects with the magical creatures they did include like the Cyclopes (but if they didn't include a cyclopes, then there would be no point to the story....) I personally think they did a pretty good job with the rise of Kronos and the battle that ensues afterwards. Overall, this movie wasn't too bad, but I think they could've done a much better job. If you're trying to make a book into a movie at least try to include most of the scenes. (even though i talked about how much they messed up, i still hope they make the third book, The Titan's Curse).





6 comments:

  1. I thought it was good, but I read the book like three years ago, so idk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was good as well....i also liked the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT WAS LITERALLY THE WORST MOVIE IVE EVER SEEN EVER WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MAYBE THE FIRST MOVIE I LITERALLY FELT LIKE THROWING MY STUFF AT THE MOVIE SCREEN AND WALKING OUT I CAN NOT BELIEVE THEY RUINED YET ANOTHER BOOK IN THIS AMAZINGLY WELL WRITTEN SERIES AND EVEN MORE THAT IT GOT GOOD REVIEWS I WAS SO UPSET I HATED IT SO MUCH SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO MUCH UGH

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the first Percy Jackson movie last year during term projects. It was pretty entertaining. I guess this means I'll have to watch this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i stillll haven't seen this yet *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha me neither. I read the series and I didn't even wana give this movie a chance...

      Delete